Whether you’re new to self-publishing or you’re an experienced author looking for support in getting your book produced, we have solutions for you.
DIY Self-Publishing Assistance
Introducing Self-Publishing Concierge, brought to you by the Nonfiction Authors Association and Authority Publishing. Our team of publishing experts will guide you step-by-step through the process of publishing and promoting your book.
Our goal is to produce books that look like they came straight out of a big New York publishing house, so quality is a top focus. Our team of dedicated professionals each have many years of industry experience. There is no call center staffed by college students. There is no sending email into the abyss waiting (and hoping) for a response. Your dedicated project manager will be with you for the duration.
Publishing a book can be an overwhelming experience. With so much conflicting advice online, plus all the decisions that need to be made and many steps that need to be taken, we understand how challenging it can be.
We’ve published hundreds of books to professional standards with our hybrid press, Authority Publishing. Now, you can access our experienced and professional team of publishing experts through Self-Publishing Concierge.
Self-Publishing Concierge makes it easy
Your personal publishing concierge is a phone call away to provide the guidance you need to succeed.
- Personalized guidance on the steps needed to self-publish your book.
- Avoid common mistakes that new authors make.
- Save time from having to figure it out on your own and potentially make mistakes.
- Locate affordable service providers for editing, cover design, formatting (typesetting), and more.
- Determine where to have your book printed.
- Set up ebook distribution with Amazon, BN.com and other online retailers.
- Set up print book distribution with Ingram, the largest supplier of books to bookstores.
- Manage your budget and save on services you may not need.
It’s like personalized tech support for authors!
We make it easier for you to navigate self-publishing and avoid the most common mistakes new authors make. You’ll also get access to our info vault of reports, templates, checklists, and recordings to help you understand each step in your journey.
Self-Publishing Concierge Plan – Details and Pricing
PRO Plan – Concierge Assistance
Personalized guidance for your publishing journey.
Your concierge plan includes the following:
- Initial 60-minute consultation call.
- Up to eight 30-minute publishing consultation calls.
- Unlimited email support for the term of your agreement (up to four months).
- VIP membership in the Nonfiction Authors Association (one year) and access to two Nonfiction Writers Conference events during the term of membership ($690 value).
Pre-payment in full is required to commence services. Services are intended to be used within four months of purchase and expire one year after purchase.
Self-publishing can be overwhelming. You don’t have to do it alone!
Register for our Self-Publishing Concierge service today and you will get immediate access to the bonus materials. Your project manager will be in touch within one business day to schedule your initial phone consultation.
What to Expect During Publishing Consultation Calls
In our initial call we’ll discuss where you are in your writing and publishing journey. From there, we’ll help build your plan using our self-publishing checklist.
You can schedule your allotted calls however you like—you can use them all right away or spread them out over the term of your agreement.
The duration of calls can be combined, but not divided. For example, you can combine two thirty-minute calls into a one-hour consultation but cannot schedule ten- or fifteen-minute calls. Each call counts as a minimum of 30 minutes.
We’re here to help you with your questions. Including the questions you may not know to ask.
- Where do I begin?
- How do I find an editor/cover designer/typesetter?
- How much editing do I need?
- Where should I get my book printed?
- How do I get my ebook and print book distributed to Amazon and other retailers?
- How does bookstore distribution work?
- What steps do I need to follow?
- What do I need to do to prepare for publishing?
- How much should I budget for this?
- How do I protect my work?
- How does ebook formatting and distribution work?
- If I self-publish my book, can I still get a literary agent later?
- Should I print in paperback, hardcover or both?
- Should I print in black and white or color?
- What should my book’s retail price be?
- How much discount do I need to give to retailers like Amazon?
- How do I get my book into brick and mortar stores?
- How should I handle book sales from my website?
- How should I handle book sales at events?
- Do I need an ISBN?
- Do I need a barcode?
- How do I get an ISBN and barcode?
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my consultation calls to talk through the steps I need to take to publish?
Yes! That’s exactly what these calls are for—to help you build your publishing plan.
Who conducts the consultation calls?
You will be assigned to work with a designated consultant for the duration of your project. Your dedicated consultant will become familiar with your project and help you see it through.
Who answers the email questions?
Your dedicated consultant will answer most of your emails, unless he/she is unavailable, then another consultant may respond.
How quickly are emails answered?
Emails are typically answered within a few hours, and always within one business day.
What happens after my plan expires? What if I still need help via email or consulting calls?
We can extend your package on a month-to-month basis—just ask us for details!
Can we talk about book marketing on my consultation calls?
The publishing consultation calls are with experienced publishing experts who specialize in the publishing details. Marketing consultations are not included, though we’re happy to recommend resources to help you with your marketing plans.
What if I have legal questions?
We are not attorneys and cannot give legal advice. However, we can answer basic questions like how to register the copyright for your book. We can refer you to publishing resources and even attorneys if needed.
Ready to get started?
We look forward to working with you!
Questions? Contact Carla King, our self-publishing expert, here.
Want it all done for you? Learn about our hybrid press.
We manage the details so you can focus on what you do best… writing and marketing your book.
Don’t want to do it yourself or don’t have the time? We offer comprehensive custom publishing packages that include editing, cover design, typesetting, indexing, ebook formatting, book printing and distribution. Whether you need 100 books or 10,000, let our talented team of professionals do the heavy lifting for you. Our book production services are offered in partnership with Authority Publishing, which has specialized in producing high-quality nonfiction books since 2008. Email Carla for details.