Adult coloring books have been one of the hottest trends in publishing, topping the bestseller lists consistently since 2015. This movement has exploded due to the many health and wellness benefits of coloring:
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Brings feelings of calmness
- Inspires creativity and problem-solving
- Improves mood and overall happiness
- Works as a meditative process
- Enhances focus and concentration
According to an article in Huffington Post, adult coloring has been successful in helping all kinds of mental health issues including PTSD, anxiety, depressive disorders, anger management and substance abuse. It’s also used in medical environments, such as during chemotherapy or dialysis:
“Doing therapeutic artwork can help reduce feelings of anxiety and unpleasantness associated with lengthy medical treatments.”
Introducing Custom Adult Coloring Books
At Authority Publishing, we’ve teamed up with the folks from Mindful Coloring Box to bring you the first ever truly custom coloring books. We don’t just slap your logo on the cover of a book you could find anywhere. We work in tandem with you to design a truly customized book that your recipients will treasure for years to come.
These custom adult coloring books are MEMORABLE give-aways at conferences, trade shows, events, health fairs, hospitals, medical offices, fitness centers and much more.
Options for Your Custom Adult Coloring Books
Our talented artists can create a completely custom coloring book based on your company theme and messaging.
- Various trim sizes, from 4×6 to 8.5×11
- Page counts from 16 to 300
- Digital editions available (great for social media campaigns and generating mailing list subscribers)
- Your company logo on the cover
- Your company messaging inserted into the book, and throughout the book if you like
- You choose your theme: health, wellness, happiness, love, family, self-compassion, overcoming challenges, gratitude or [your choice!]
Health Benefits of Adult Coloring Books
- “Coloring books work like other mindfulness techniques such as yoga and meditation… Coloring can help slow down heart rate and respiration, loosen muscles and stimulate the brain…” (Washington Post)
- “Coloring has therapeutic potential to reduce anxiety, create focus or bring about more mindfulness.” (CNN)
- Healing Powers: According to this article in the Washington Post, one woman found comfort in coloring after the death of her 12-week old son, another found it soothing to color while in the hospital recovering from surgery, and yet another reported coloring helped her stay come in the wake of her son’s violent behavior.
- Help with Anxiety: “Psychiatrist Carl Jung, the founder of analytical psychology, prescribed coloring to his patients to calm and center their minds. Doctors today continue to follow Jung’s lead and still recommend the activity to combat anxiety.” (Fox News)
- Employees at a New York-based PR firm frequently gather in a conference room on Friday afternoons to enjoy the stress-reducing benefits of coloring together. (Fox News)
- Art therapists have been using coloring books for years. “There’s a self-soothing meditative benefit because you are doing the same motion over and over, especially with symmetrical drawings.” (Washington Post)
- Adult coloring book Meetup groups are forming at coffee shops and libraries.
- Adult coloring books can be found in doctors office and hospital waiting rooms.
- CNN Article: Why Adult Coloring Books are Good for You
- Fox News Article: Health Benefits of Coloring Attracting Adults to Childhood Pasttime
- Huffington Post Article: 7 Reasons Adult Coloring Books are Great for Your Mental, Emotional and Intellectual Health
Adult Coloring Book Trends and Statistics
- According to Nielsen Bookscan, over 12 million copies of adult coloring books were sold in 2015 (a dramatic increase over the 1 million copies sold the year prior).
- Eight adult coloring books were listed in the top 50 best selling books of 2015 (Nielsen Bookscan).
- Adult coloring books lifted total sales of the Adult Nonfiction trade category by 12% in the first half of 2016. (Publisher’s Weekly)
- Washington Post Article: The Big Business Behind the Adult Coloring Book Craze
- Publisher’s Weekly Article: Coloring Books for Adults Stay Hot (July 2016)
Ready to Create a Custom Coloring Book?
Want to get rid of those boring branded pens, mugs and squishy balls? Our custom adult coloring books will bring plenty of smiles and more recognition than any other promotional item you’ve ever had!
Send us an email to inquire about services and pricing.