Custom Ebook Formatting and Information Product Development
- Ebook formatting for Amazon Kindle and Major Ebook Reading Devices
- Optional Ebook Distribution Programs
- Information Product Development for Special Reports, White Papers, Workbooks and More
Ebook Services Overview
There is no denying the shift that is happening in the book industry: ebooks are on the rise and here to stay. But don’t take our word for it; check out some of the latest industry data:
- E-book sales grew dramatically in the first quarter of 2010, jumping from just 1.5% of total US book sales in 2009 to 5% of the market in the first quarter of 2010. Source: R.R. Bowker
- The International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF) reported U.S. wholesale ebook sales for January, 2010 were $31.9 million, up 261 percent from the same month a year earlier.
Reports from Amazon
- Ebooks are now outselling hardcover books at Amazon, selling 180 e-books for every 100 hardcovers.
- Jeff Bezos told the USA Today that he predicts Kindle ebook sales will outsell all books (including paperback) within a year.
- The Kindle is now available at Target and Best Buy.
- Amazon sold more than 3x as many Kindle books in the first half of 2010 as in the first half of 2009.
- Author James Patterson had sold 1.14 million e-books to date. Of those, 867,881 were Kindle books.
- Charlaine Harris, Stieg Larsson, Stephenie Meyer, James Patterson, and Nora Roberts have each sold more than 500,000 Kindle books.
Reports from Book Industry Standard Group (BISG.org)
- The majority of print book buyers rank affordability and the number one reason to purchase ebooks.
- About 1/5 of respondents said they had stopped buying printed books in the last 12 months in favor of buying ebook editions.
- Respondents indicated their digital reading preferences as computers (47%), Kindle (32%) and other ereader devices averaging about 10% each.
- Ebook purchases are increasing among high-income earners, but not among lower income readers.
Ebook Formatting Services
Authority Publishing offers custom ebook formatting for two primary retail outlets: Kindle and Smashwords. Together these two options cover the majority of the ebook reader market and simplify the process of developing and distributing ebooks.
We provide the fully formatted files to our authors, empowering them to set up their own distribution with Amazon and Smashwords. We can also handle distribution for those who don’t want to manage this on their own. Ebooks are more popular than ever, and that popularity is increasing daily. Now is the time to take advantage of this incredible digital evolution!
Information Product Services Overview
Information products can be developed as revenue streams or for content marketing purposes. Nobody has more experience developing information products than we do–our CEO wrote the first book published on the subject!
Please contact us for a custom quote on any of the following:
- Ebook Development
- Ebook Conversion for Amazon Kindle, Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, iPad, Stanza, iPhone, PDF, etc.
- Special Reports
- White Papers
- Information Product Consulting
- Ecommerce Implementation