For years I’ve been saying that internet radio shows are an under-utilized opportunity for authors. Though these programs typically have a smaller listenership than traditional talk radio, there are still many benefits:
- Internet shows usually have a niche topic or theme, reaching the right target audience for your book
- Guests are featured from 15 minutes to a full hour, which is far greater than the six to eight minutes you get on traditional talk radio
- Internet show listeners are often sitting at a desk ready to make a purchase. Traditional radio listeners are usually in their cars and won’t remember to make a purchase later.
- Internet shows promote your appearance online to their networks, and then archive interviews online and on iTunes for long-lasting exposure.
So here I am, in the midst of the launch of my own new book: Own Your Niche: Hype-Free Internet Marketing Tactics to Establish Authority in Your Field and Promote Your Service-Based Business. My assistant has been sending out radio pitches for less than two weeks, and the invitations to be a guest on various shows have been coming in steadily. Yesterday alone I gave three interviews and watched my Amazon rank improve throughout the day.
One of the hosts booked me at the last minute and then thanked me for sending him a pitch. He said that he needs guests weekly and he’s surprised that more authors don’t reach out to him.
Did you get that? These shows NEED guests and want you to pitch to them!
You can start by researching programs on WSRadio, BlogTalkRadio, and AllTalkRadio. Here’s a previous post I wrote on how to pitch yourself to radio show programs, including a sample pitch.
And if you really want to accelerate your results, we sell lists of internet radio shows and podcasts here. You can save 50% off your purchase with this discount code: SAVE50
- How to Leverage Podcasts, Internet Radio Shows and Teleseminars to Promote Your Books As an author, one of my favorite book promotion strategies is to serve as a...
- Internet Radio Shows and Podcasts Lists I’m Stephanie Chandler, CEO of Authority Publishing. As an author of several books, one of my...
- How to Pitch Yourself as a Guest on Radio Shows – Plus Sample Radio Pitch Radio interviews are one of my favorite promotion strategies for authors. Aside from the fact...
- How to Create a Media Sheet for Radio Interviews When it comes to conducting radio interviews, I always provide radio programs with my media...
- Blog Promotion Secrets for Authors A blog is essentially an online diary that allows you to post information, tips, thoughts and...